Are you perimenopausal or menopausal suffering from brain fog, mood swings, irritability, anxiety, stress, overwhelm, forgetfulness, etc.? Then this course is for you!
Many people find that menopause can be confusing, upsetting, and even a little scary! However, life does not have to stop. Your career does not have to end. You do not have to give up the things that you love. You do not have to get up every day feeling rubbish.
Up until our generation, and in many families, the menopause has been a largely taboo topic. As a result, it’s clear from my research, that there is a distinct lack of awareness around both the physical and mental symptoms, let alone how to deal with them effectively. In fact, many people suffering classic symptoms are not remotely aware that they are menopause-related.
That’s what’s prompted me to write this course. I believe that women should be empowered and that we should be able to have fulfilling, happy, healthy lives. We shouldn't have to abandon our careers, dumb ourselves down or abandon our dreams just because our reproductive ability is ending.
For over a decade, I’ve helped thousands of people to become the very best version of themselves, and I am passionate about helping you too. In this course, you will learn my most powerful, tried, and tested tools and techniques to help you not just 'get through' each day (you're worth so much more than that) but to THRIVE.
WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
This course is aimed at people transitioning through the menopause phases which can occur any time from mid-forties to mid-fifties, earlier for some, depending on family history or previous medical issues, e.g. hysterectomy, cancer treatment.
You may not even be aware that you are going through the menopause. However, if you fall into the categories above and are experiencing the following symptoms, I've designed this course specifically for you:
- Brain fog
- Low mood
- Inability to concentrate
- Poor memory
- Loss of confidence
- Lack of motivation/lethargy/excessive procrastination
- Mood swings
- Inability to regulate emotions (e.g. outbursts of anger, crying, unexplained sadness, etc.)
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Using excessive Netflix binging, online shopping, social media scrolling, etc. so that you don't have to think about your problems
(This list is not exhaustive but gives you an idea of the many non-physical symptoms of menopause.)
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
There is so much content in this course that I have chosen to release the information in four separate lessons, each one delivered seven days apart, allowing you time to put what you learn into practice so that you don't become overwhelmed and end up doing none of it! After all, ‘repetition is the mother of skill!’
LESSON 1 (Week 1)
- About the Menopause
- What is menopause?
- The three menopause stages
- Physical and non-physical symptoms
- Seeking advice from your doctor/healthcare professional
- The Stress Response
- Identifying the physical and mental symptoms of stress, anxiety, and overwhelm
- How to significantly reduce the effects of stress, anxiety, and overwhelm in 15-minutes or less
- How to recognise what triggers negative thoughts and emotions
- How to regulate an overworked nervous system
LESSON 2 (Week 2)
- Emotion Control
- Examining how our perception affects our choices and reactions
- How to look at people and situations differently using a ‘reframing’ technique
- How to control what’s in your control using the ‘Circle of Influence’
- How to prepare for and hold 'difficult' conversations both at home and work
LESSON 3 (Week 3)
- ‘State’ Management
- How to hack your ‘happy’ biochemicals
- How to get more done and feel better about doing the stuff you don’t want to do
- How to use your physiology to gain control over your thoughts and feel more resourceful
- How to beat procrastination
LESSON 4 (Week 4)
- Food and Drink - Why we comfort and binge-eat and what to do about it; why it is crucial to drink water and eat a healthy, balanced diet.
- Sleep Better – How to regulate your sleep/wake cycle. How to drop off to sleep quickly and what to do if you keep waking up at around 3.00 am.
- Gratitude and Journaling – The benefits of both and how to weave them into your daily routine.
- Conditioning Yourself for Happiness – Why looking for happiness each day is critical to our mental health and how using ‘The 10-minute Happiness Challenge’ can significantly increase your wellbeing.
Each lesson consists of a video(s) and a comprehensive downloadable workbook in PDF format. If videos aren't your ‘thing’, you can use them as stand-alone documents, as they contain all the same information covered in the videos.
At the end of each lesson, you will have the opportunity to plan the tools that you commit to trying for the rest of the week (these techniques only work if you do!). There will be a section for reflection at the beginning of the second, third, and fourth lessons, allowing you the opportunity to reflect on what went well and what you need to do differently during the coming week.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING...
A small selection of client feedback...
‘Jo has employed a number of creative and dynamic methods to stimulate my thinking and to reinforce the fact that I am accountable for making change happen. This, combined with being asked to commit to completing actions by agreed deadlines, has really helped to ensure that my plans have crystallised to a point where I have seen immediate results’ Nisha Shrivastava
‘Jo has helped me to focus and prioritise. I have been better able to look at problems in different ways, thus finding very meaningful solutions.’ Sharon Cunningham
‘I highly recommend Jo, she gets you to think about things in a different way which has been a turning point for me.’ Lynne Sephton
‘Jo's open and approachable style made it really easy for me to share those issues that were holding me back at being the best version of me I could be. Jo helped me recognise and identify the internal negative thoughts and limitations I was placing on myself, and by applying the simple easy to use techniques, she taught me I have been able to address these and feel more effective in my role than ever.’ Diane Hall
‘The year I spent receiving coaching from Jo was fantastic. I went through many significant life and career changes in this time, with unconditional support from Jo throughout. Jo’s style of coaching and her understanding of me personally, really helped me achieve clarity and focus on the goals that I wanted to accomplish both personally and professionally. I learned many techniques which have served me well following our coaching and will continue to do so indefinitely.’ Danielle Kennedy
Sign up NOW, and you too can follow in the footsteps of thousands of people leading successful, happy lives after using these simple, tried, and tested tools and techniques. You owe it to yourself to have the life you deserve, and this course will be your first step towards an even brighter future!
Jo is an executive coach, author and leadership development trainer.
Following a 20-year career in HR, she set up her own coaching and training company, What Next Consultancy, in 2009. Since then, she has coached and trained thousands of people using a unique blend of behavioural-based tools and techniques.
Her aim is to help clients thrive in their personal and professional lives using simple but effective methods based on biology, neuroscience, and behavioural sciences.
For more information on Jo and the services she provides, visit her website here.